I have been practicing yoga and meditation for over 10 years. Having trained in Zen yoga, my classes embody the principles of uniting energy, alignment and presence and I place emphasis on connection to the breath.
In my personal journey I have noticed how the practice of yoga and meditation has brought me a deep sense of peace, inner emotional harmony, health, acceptance, positivity and more. Yoga helps to empower us and to reconnect with the sacredness and simple moments of life.
Classes aim to encourage you to connect with your breath, feel your body and move out of your mind. I will guide you through physical yoga postures (asana), pranayama (breath work) and a short meditation or yoga nidra.
We will honour the seasons at various points in the year and work to open and strengthen the meridians and organs (energy channels that run through the body) that correspond with the particular seasons. My inspiration and sharing comes from all that i have embodied and learned along my own journey which i will offer to you.
My intention is always to encourage you to listen to the inner wisdom of your body, mind and heart in the moment. Everybody is welcome in my classes – my oldest student is 98yrs old! 🙂
The Arc centre, Islington, N1 7DF
Lunchtime yoga 1pm-2pm
£13 drop in
Benefits of yoga
- Yoga helps cultivate strength and flexibility.
- It can help prevent cartilage and joint breakdown, strengthening bones and warding off osteoporosis.
- It had been shown to boost the immune system and ease pain.
- It helps to maintain spinal health and flexibility.
- Yoga may inspire you to become a more conscious eater.
- Consistent yoga practice increases serotonin levels and decreases stress hormones helping you to become happier and more relaxed.
- Yoga helps develop inner strength to make long lasting healthier lifestyle choices.
Private yoga sessions
Private and 1:1 Yoga classes could be helpful if :
- You suffer from chronic health conditions or injuries
- To improve strength, flexibility, stability or posture
- To meet specific stages of life such as post natal/ante natal
- Or to learn how to practice more safely in a general class
- Have a busy schedule
To schedule a 1:1 yoga session please get in touch.
I run one-to-one sessions from my home in north London. The cost is £45 for one hour. I am happy to come to you is you prefer, though I would ask you to cover my travel costs.
“I recently had a yoga session with Lisa-Marie and I highly recommend doing some yoga classes with her! She is a kind, caring and a well organised yoga teacher. She maintained fluidity throughout the class, gave clear and concise instructions with subtlety and calm. After the class I felt as though I had really worked my core muscles, felt very open, energised and well relaxed. I highly recommend Lisa-Marie’s Tuesday lunchtime yoga class at ‘The Arc Centre’ which is a nice open space so plenty of room to stretch and practice.
Give her a try, you won’t regret it!”